The Suffolk Foundation is offering a new opportunity this year, the Young Producers’ Travel Grant. This grant will cover expenses for one individual to attend the American Lamb Summit held August 8-10, 2022 in East Lansing, Michigan.
The American Lamb Summit is an educational conference designed to inspire production improvements and collaboration among all segments of the US lamb industry. Premier 1 Supplies, the American Lamb Board, Michigan State University, and the Michigan Sheep Producers Association are partnering to host this unique educational event.
American Lamb Summit Goals:
- Increase the quality and consistency of American Lamb
- Improve the US lamb industry’s competitiveness and productivity
Any producer of Suffolk sheep, age 35 and under, is eligible to apply for the funds that would cover:
- Registration fee for the event
- Up to three night’s lodging
- Up to $750 in travel expenses (air fare or mileage)
- Application deadline is June 1 and application is available on the USSA website (www.suffolks.org)
Please feel free to share this post! The information has also been posted on the Suffolk Foundation Facebook page. Use the following link to quickly share to any of your social media pages:
United Suffolk Sheep Association
PO Box 121
Holland, IA 50642
FIND US ONLINE!