Spring 2016 Business Meeting Minutes

New Business

Bylaws

Andrea Holladay to check where posted on web site and send link to all members (done).

Eunice Bench to schedule review of bylaws for potential updating to reflect larger group with different needs than when group was originally formed.  Issues discussed included term limits, documenting officer duties, and replacing officers if they do not complete a term.

Treasurer/Accounts

Motion was made and seconded to transfer account to a professional accountant beginning 2017, due to the large amount of money now in the account and the need for full profit and loss reports on a scheduled basis.

Some premiums are still outstanding.  Eunice Bench to contact Reni Melvin.

Festival

Judges will be confirmed in May (Don Kniffen).

Next meeting end of March (Eunice Bench).

Photo Contest will be eliminated due to lack of contributors.

Need volunteers as Festival will not continue after this year without new volunteers.

Some paid positions will be established due to the lack of volunteers to cover all needed activities.

General

Don Kniffen will step down as our ASI State Representative (moving to the Executive Board) so a volunteer to take on this position is needed.  Main responsibility is to attend the annual ASI meeting each year to represent our interests and report back to the group.  Contact Don for more information, Eunice to volunteer.  Andrea to send note to members asking for a volunteer.

ASI Meeting Highlights (Don Kniffen)

LA200 will no longer be available unless provided by a vet under the new regulations being passed.

Next General Meeting to be scheduled in June, Andrea Holladay to send note asking for a member volunteer in northern or southern NJ or PA.

Old Business

No Secretary report.

No Treasurer report.

Christina O’Brien’s offer to do a Junior Show Award at this year’s Festival was approved.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *